Sunday, May 25, 2014

Time.

As I read back on my posts since January I realize that my life was functioning in a very manner at the time.  We were just finding out that my aunt was dying with cancer.  No one quite saw it coming (even though we saw it coming for years).

Time went on. 
Her body began to fail quickly.

We lost her just a few days before Easter.
We buried her remains yesterday.
It was a lot harder than I was ready for.

Within 2 years my mom's family has lost 2 siblings and 2 in-laws. Only 1 did not struggle with cancer.
Every time in the last two years that we have lost someone, we grieve all over again for the ones we lost not that long ago.  Then all around me I have friends, coworkers, people you read/see stories about in the news that are losing their lives because of cancer.

I am done with this cancer nonsense. It makes me worry about my loved ones and the things that we don't know.  I look at my husband and pray that we BOTH are able to live happy, "healthy" lives.
...we never know how much time we will be given.

Sometimes we waste our time by getting in the groove of just sitting.
"Relaxing" and watching tv or staring at our computers or phones.

I think perhaps it's time we get back out here and enjoy the life are living and live it for the ones who wish they could still be here living it with us. 
it's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment