Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Compliments and Reflections

It's always nice to receive a compliment. It makes you feel like you are in fact doing something right with your fashion sense. I feel good about what I wear because I LIKE it.  Not because it's "in style" or because it makes me look thin..er.  I choose my clothes because they represent my personality. Lately I have received compliments from several people I work with.  With their comments about "how cute" I look are usually comes with a side note of them taking a shot at themselves.   So that makes me wonder...why don't they feel as good about their body as I do mine?

Some ladies have odd perspectives about how their bodies look.  By "odd" I mean completely distorted.  They see themselves as fat, not pretty enough, blah hair, etc. All of these things are in fact false.
...but try telling them that.

It's okay to have a pouch and or rolls around your body.
It's okay to have a wide tushy.
It's okay to acne.
It's okay to watch gravity sag your boobs.
It's okay to have uncooperative hair.
It's okay to have cellulite.
It's okay.

I promise you.
It's okay.

I am not saying that I think my body is magazine perfect or that I always have raging self confidence.  BUT I am saying that my body is what I have made it.  I accept it and choose to make the best of it.  I won't let the social rules of what my body is like define what clothes I want to wear or how I feel about myself.  I am not my appearance.

There is a really cool facebook group that sends out a positive message for anyone needing that extra reminder.  You are capable of loving yourself----all of yourself.

Check them out:  https://www.facebook.com/BeautyRedefined



No comments:

Post a Comment