Monday, December 29, 2014

after all this is where I go to confess

Dear friends forgive me for I have sinned.  I have let life, health, and excuses take me right back to where I started over a year ago.  I have let food become my secret again.


I mean really? How can you add weight so quickly when it takes you so long to take it off?  It makes no sense to me.

But whether or not it makes sense, that is how it happens.  In the blink of an eye (or slowly over the course of two months) I have added 16 pounds back to my body.

That's a bowling ball.
A small dog.
16 packages of hamburger.

No wonder I'm tired...Exhausted really.
I get winded walking up the stairs in our apartment. But if you had to carry an extra bowling ball up and down the stairs every time you used them, it would get tiring.

Today is the day I take back my routine.  We threw out all the desserts.  We emptied out the fridge. My arch nemesis,the little bags of delicious chips, are still in the cabinet but I must have control because they are for my husband's lunch (not that it stopped me before!)

The hardest part will be:
finding the energy to cook healthy meals when all I want to do is just sit down.
motivating myself to walk (or do ANYTHING) when all I want to do is just sit down.
using self control when I want to continuously snack or binge.

If you have committed food sins and need to repent, please join me this year to kick those nasty habits...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment